As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Pakistan has several educational institutions that offer programs related to digital and cinematic arts. These programs cover various aspects of filmmaking, animation, digital media, and related fields. Keep in mind that the availability of specific programs and institutions may change over time, so it’s essential to verify the latest information when considering admission. Here are a few notable institutions that have historically offered programs related to digital and cinematic arts in Pakistan:
- National College of Arts (NCA), Lahore:
- NCA is one of Pakistan’s leading institutions for art and design education. It offers programs in various art-related disciplines, including film and television. The Department of Film and Television at NCA has historically offered courses in filmmaking, animation, and digital media.
- Institute of Art and Culture University (IAC), Lahore:
- IAC offers programs in Media and Mass Communication, including specializations in filmmaking, digital media, and animation. The university’s School of Media and Mass Communication provides opportunities for students interested in digital and cinematic arts.
- Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture (IVSAA), Karachi:
- IVSAA offers programs in Communication Design, which may include courses related to digital media and animation. The institution has also been involved in film-related projects and initiatives.
- Karachi School of Art (KSA), Karachi:
- KSA offers various art-related programs, including courses related to animation and digital art. While it may not offer a specific program in filmmaking, it provides a foundation in the visual arts.
- SZABIST (Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology), Karachi:
- SZABIST offers programs in Media Sciences, which encompass digital media, journalism, and communication. While it may not focus exclusively on cinematic arts, it includes relevant coursework.
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology:
- Some campuses of COMSATS offer programs in fields such as Digital Media Arts, which may include courses related to animation, filmmaking, and digital art.
- University of Karachi:
- The University of Karachi offers programs in Mass Communication, which may cover aspects of digital media and media production.
Please note that the availability of specific programs and the curriculum may change over time, and institutions may update their offerings. Additionally, new institutions and programs related to digital and cinematic arts may have emerged since my last update in September 2021. Therefore, I recommend visiting the websites of these institutions and contacting their admissions offices for the most up-to-date information on programs, admission requirements, and application procedures for digital and cinematic arts in Pakistan.